The future will be tokenized. Come and build a fast, fair, and secure application that takes advantage of Hedera’s new Token Service (HTS).
Asset tokenization promises to be the biggest revolution to the world economy since well...ever. Tokenized assets offer a new way to create and manage value. With fungible and non-fungible assets businesses can make processes more efficient, reduce costs, and unlock new revenue streams.
The Hedera Token Service makes it easy to issue native tokens with scalable performance, configurability, and predictable costs — all on a reliable network governed by the world's leading organizations.
• Scalable Tokens: Token transfers reach speeds of 10,000 TPS, settle in seconds, with predictable low fees - say goodbye to congestion and high gas fees!
• Native Tokens: No need for slow and expensive smart contracts — tokens issued with HTS are native to Hedera; they adopt the same performance, security, and efficiency as hbar.
• Configurable Compliance: Key and token configurations that offer flexibility to meet compliance needs, including account KYC verification and freeze, token supply management, and transfer.
• Enterprise Governance: Hedera's decentralized governing body of global organizations ensures network stability, decentralized decision making, and a no-fork guarantee.
What are we looking for?
For the overall hackathon, we are looking for applications or developer tools that use the Hedera Token Service (HTS) and promote active Hedera account creation and tokenization of digital or physical assets.
There's no limit to the number of sponsor challenges you can participate in, but you'll need to make sure you use Hedera Token Service for a chance to win.
$79,000 in prizes
$20,000 USD worth of hbar for the best overall project taking into account all the judging criteria.
$10,000 USD worth of hbar for the best overall project taking into account all the judging criteria.
$5,000 USD worth of hbar for the best overall project taking into account all the judging criteria.
$2,000 USD worth of hbar for the project with the most community votes.
BitGo Open Source Challenge - Sponsored by BitGo (3)
BitGo will be awarding the top 3 teams that have either: the best usage of BitGo’s open-source account library (https://github.com/BitGo/BitGoJS/tree/master/modules/account-lib), projects that are able to extend BitGo’s open-source account library to support HTS tokens and transactions using HCS (Hedera Consensus Algorithm), and or the best contributions to BitGo’s open-source account library documentation on GitHub.
• 1st place - $2500 USD worth of hbar, BitGo swag, and a virtual lunch with Mike Belshe (BitGo's Co-founder and CEO) and Chen Fang (BitGo's Chief Product Officer)
• 2nd place - $500 USD worth of hbar, BitGo swag, and a virtual lunch Mike Belshe and Chen Fang
• 3rd place - BitGo swag, and a virtual lunch with Mike Belshe and Chen Fang
Browser Extension Challenge - Sponsored by eftpos Payments Australia
eftpos is looking for the best HTS supported browser extension (e.g. the equivalent of Ethereum’s Metamask).
•5,000 USD worth of hbar
•Business and technical mentorship by members of the Eftpos team
Enhancing Tokenization Functionality Challenge - Sponsored by DLA Piper and BCW Group
Real-world assets are now being tokenized on distributed networks across countless industry use-cases. DLA Piper and BCW Group are looking for innovative teams that can digitize real-world assets by leveraging HTS to unlock the creative features that allow enterprise companies to tokenized their clients' future businesses.
• $5,000 USD worth of hbar
• Opportunity to join a development team building an HTS enterprise use case
Financial Services Reimagined Challenge- Sponsored by Google Cloud
Google Cloud is looking for the best project demonstrating a financial services scenario leveraging the HTS (Hedera Token Service) and a broad range of existing Google Cloud products and/or solutions.
• $5,000 USD worth of hbar
• $5,000 USD in Google Cloud Platform credits
Social Good Challenge - Sponsored by The Chopra Foundation
The Chopra Foundation is looking for the best project demonstrating a practical implementation of a token for social good.
• 5,000 USD worth of hbar
• Private Q&A session with Deepak Chopra
• Support and endorsement of your application by The Chopra Foundation
Tokenization Protocol Challenge - Sponsored by University College London
UCL is looking for the best tokenization protocol which enables asset-agnostic tokens to be created, customized, and standardized – accommodating non-standard physical (ex: real estate, fine art, etc.) and digital assets (ex: IP, data, etc.).
• 5,000 USD worth of hbar
• Lifetime membership to the UCL Centre for Blockchain Technologies Industry programme
• Support and help for further development of the application
• The chance to present their idea at premier blockchain conferences
• Introduction to VC's to fund their venture via UCL capital partners
• 3 Vouchers to attend the UCL CBT Executive Programmes
• 3 Vouchers to attend the P2P Financial Systems International Workshop
• UCL swag
Wrapped Token & Interoperability Challenge - Sponsored by Armanino LLP
Wrapping creates value across networks! To share in $3,000 worth of prizes, demonstrate how a wrapped token protocol on the Hedera Token Service/Main Net can be used to “port” assets from other public chains across Hedera, unlocking the capability for Hedera users to transact in leading stablecoins or proxy assets such as (wETH).
• $3,000 USD in giftcards and other prizes
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Participants that do not comply with the following requirements may be rejected or disqualified by Hedera in its sole discretion (the “Eligibility Requirements”):
- Participant must not be a person residing in any country embargoed by the United States and/or subject to U.S. export controls or sanctions (including without limitation Iran, Cuba, Sudan, Syria and North Korea), or any other jurisdiction where the Hackathon is otherwise prohibited, licensed, restricted or taxed by applicable federal, state, territorial, provincial or local laws, rules or regulations and any other country designated by the United States Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control. It is Participant’s responsibility to ensure that Participant is legally eligible to enter the Hackathon and receive a prize under any laws applicable to Participant in their jurisdiction of residence or otherwise.
- This Competition is not open to Participants who are not legal residents of one of the eligible jurisdictions at the time of entry or who otherwise do not fall within the eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules herein.
- Participant must be 18 years of age or older and at least the age of majority in their jurisdiction or residence at the time of the start of the Hackathon.
- Participant must have a demonstrated ability to develop or contribute to the development of an application on the Platform.
- Employees, contractors, consultants, officers, directors, agents, managers and members of Hedera and other organizing entities, including the judges (collectively referred to herein as the “Competition Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouses, siblings, children (by birth and adoption), and parents) regardless of where they live, and those living in the same household as such individuals (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter the Competition.
- Each Participant or team must develop and submit a software application built on the Platform (“Entry”) within the Hackathon Period. For avoidance of doubt, the Entry shall also include any materials provided in connection with the Entry.
- Teams must consist of one (1) to five (5) participants and each individual team member must meet the Eligibility Requirements. Participants can only be listed on one team and not serve on multiple teams during the Hackathon.
No purchase necessary to enter or win. The odds of winning depend on the total number of submitted Entries from eligible Participants.
• Create an application or developer tool that uses the Hedera Token Service (HTS) and promotes active Hedera account creation and tokenization of digital or physical assets.
• Submit a link on Devpost to your codebase to allow Judges to demo your Dapp/platform.
• Submit a link to a pitch video for your project that is no more than 5 minutes long.
Artiona Bogo - Overall Hackathon Judge & Financial Services Reimagined Challenge Judge
Sales Engineer at Google Cloud
Chen Fang - BitGo Open Source Challenge Judge
Chief Product Officer at BitGo
Gabriella Wright - Social Good Challenge Judge
Co-founder of The Never Alone Initiative - The Chopra Foundation
Helen Disney - Overall Hackathon Judge
CEO of Unblocked
Jeff Tchui - Enhancing Tokenization Functionality Challenge Judge
Head of Consulting at BCW Group
Jonathan Padilla - Overall Hackathon Judge
Blockchain Strategy at PayPal
Kyle Baron - Enhancing Tokenization Functionality Challenge Judge
Managing Partner at BCW Group
Joshua Q. Israel Satten - Overall Hackathon Judge
Partner - Blockchain, North America at Wipro Limited
Dr. Leemon Baird - Overall Hackathon Judge
Co-Founder and Chief Scientist at Hedera Hashgraph
Michael Ku - Overall Hackathon Judge
VP of Global Clinical Supply, Worldwide Research, Development and Medical at Pfizer
Noah Buxton - Wrapped Token & Interoperability Challenge Judge
Director, Blockchain at Armanino LLP
Paolo Tasca - Tokenization Protocol Challenge Judge
Founder and Executive Director of the Centre for Blockchain Technologies at University College London
Poonacha Machaiah - Social Good Challenge Judge
CEO of The Chopra Foundation
Rob Allen - Browser Extension Challenge Judge
Entrepreneur in Residence at eftpos Payments Australia
Samuel Byungsun Park - Overall Hackathon Judge
Blockchain Business Task Leader at LG Electronics
Scott Thiel - Enhancing Tokenization Functionality Challenge Judge
Partner at DLA Piper
Spencer Dinwiddie - Overall Hackathon Judge
Founder of Calaxy and Professional Athlete
How has the team effectively utilized the available technologies?
Is the project creative, new and disruptive?
How relevant is the project to the stated challenge?